Personal Review of RootsTech 2021

 

RootsTech 2021 was awesome! I participated in a few different portions of the conference:

  • group session for German family history
  • individual session for family history strategy
  • temple and family history instruction (handle separately)
  • various tutorial videos (Korean/German family history research)
  • keynote addresses
I was blown away by how much specialized information was available across a variety of topics and regions and how much I was able to learn during the conference. I went into the conference as a real novice and gained tons of insights into how to do German family history research as well a whole slew of new resources--including several websites and various working-aids--that I can use to research gaps in my family tree and discover new names. I felt empowered after learning from professional genealogists. I'm excited to dig in and use my new resources and leverage my new knowledge; I'm sure both will help me for years to come. I am SOOO glad I choose to participate in the conference!

Did you miss RootsTech 2021? Don't worry! The sessions and other materials are still available online and will remain accessible until early 2022 (just before RootsTech 2022--not yet scheduled). So if you want to get inspired, learn about new developments, or get some pro-tips from family history experts, hurry over to check out the RootsTech website.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Okinawa Temple Construction Update 11 (April 2021)